Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Sanders <JS...@meridiancapital.com> on 2012/02/23 01:50:22 UTC

Cannot add Page/Portlet in Tutorial

Hi Folks,

I am new to Jetspeed and have been trying to get through the tutorial.

First, I would note for anyone else starting this process:  Use the last
2.x.x. version of Maven... the initial portal build fails if you use the
current maven 3.0.x version, failing to properly find some of the needed
repository information.

Now that I've gotten past that and have it up and running, I am getting
stuck in adding the Hello World portlet to a new page as directed in
section 3 of the tutorial.  I believe I have exactly followed the
directions, and I get a build success from mvn, but when I try to load
the portlet I get the following error in the portal:

"Cannot create Portlet instance
org.apache.portals.tutorials.BonjourMonde for Portlet Application
jetexpress-pa"

Any help or guideance appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy