Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/04/09 20:43:21 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.3.0 released

Dear community,

Apache CouchDB 1.3.0 has been released and is available for download.

CouchDB is a database that completely embraces the web. Store your data
with JSON documents. Access your documents with your web browser, via HTTP.
Query, combine, and transform your documents with JavaScript. CouchDB works
well with modern web and mobile apps. You can even serve web apps directly
out of CouchDB. And you can distribute your data, or your apps, efficiently
using CouchDB’s incremental replication. CouchDB supports master-master
setups with automatic conflict detection.

Grab your copy here:

     http://couchdb.apache.org/

Pre-built packages for Windows and OS X are available.

This release comes with a CouchDB manual, hosted directly out of Futon. A
PDF version of the manual is also distributed.

This is a feature release.

These release notes are based on the CHANGES file.

HTTP Interface

     * No longer rewrites the X-CouchDB-Requested-Path during recursive
calls to the rewriter.

     * Limit recursion depth in the URL rewriter.

       Defaults to a maximum of 100 invocations but is configurable.

     * Fix _session for IE7.

     * Added Server-Sent Events protocol to db changes API.

       See http://www.w3.org/TR/eventsource/ for details.

     * Make password hashing synchronous when using the /_config/admins API.

     * Include user name in show/list ETags.

     * Experimental support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).

       See http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/ for details.

Replicator

     * The replicator will use a new server-wide UUID in checkpoint IDs to
improve the chances of an efficient resume.

Storage System

     * Fixed unnecessary conflict when deleting and creating a document in
the same batch.

View Server

     * Additional response headers may be varied prior to send().

     * GetRow() is now side-effect free.

Futon

     * Disabled the link to the Futon test suite.

       These tests were causing problems when run from a browser, and are
now available via the CLI instead.

     * Added view request duration to Futon.

     * Disable buttons for actions that the user doesn't have permissions
to.

Security

     * Passwords are now hashed using the PBKDF2 algorithm with a
configurable work factor.

Test Suite

     * Moved the JS test suite to the CLI.

     * Improved tracebacks printed by the JS CLI tests.

     * Improved the reliability of a number of tests.

UUID Algorithms

     * Added the utc_id algorithm.

URL Rewriter & Vhosts

     * Database name is encoded during rewriting (allowing embedded /'s,
etc).

     * Reset rewrite counter on new request, avoiding unnecessary request
failures due to bogus rewrite limit reports.

Build System

     * C/C++ compiler detection has been improved.

     * Autoconf v2.63 is now required if building from Git checkout
directly.

       See DEVELOPERS file for more details.

     * Fixed issue in couchdb script where stopped status returns before
process exits.

On behalf of the CouchDB PMC,

--
NS

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.3.0 released

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Stanley, that ticket is still in an "unresolved" state, so I am guessing
not.

Do you have a patch that fixes it? I can help you get it applied and we can
ship it in the next release.

Posted by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manokaran K <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Kuprianov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrey Kuprianov <an...@gmail.com>.
What Stanley said...

Posted by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Kuprianov <an...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for confusion. No, I was meaning multiple startkey and endkey pairs.
The issue (COUCHDB-523 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-523>) was
there listed under 1.3 prior to release and it's still listed there as
unresolved. But then 1.3 is listed as unreleased. So I was wondering...

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrey Kuprianov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Kuprianov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thank guys!