Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Josh Campbell <jo...@zype.co.nz> on 2002/02/18 01:10:24 UTC

Getting started

I'm trying to use the commandline to turn a .fo into a pdf but am having
some trouble getting FOP to kick into gear.

I'm setting the classpath manually at this stage with the following:
set CLASSPATH=c:\fop\build\fop.jar; c:\fop\lib\batik.jar;
c:\fop\lib\jimi-1.0.jar; c:\xalan\bin\xalan.jar; c:\xalan\bin\xerces.jar

and trying to invoke FOP with:
fop invoice3.fo invoice3.pdf

I'm using Fop-0.20.1 and have JRE 1.3.1 installed in Windows NT4

Whenever I hit FOP it comes back with the following message:
"The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file."

Have I missed a step or got something set up wrong here.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Josh Campbell

ZYPE - Graphical Interface Design
Phone: 03 3862094
Mobile: 021 400 472
Web: www.zype.co.nz

Re: Getting started

Posted by Sebastian Will <s....@web.de>.
Hi,

seems to me that Windows cannot find the command "fop", ie. the batch file
fop.bat. Did you include the path
where fop.bat resides in your %PATH% environment variable, or did you call
it from the directory where fop.bat
resides?

Otherwise, like Michiel Verhoef already mentioned, call the class
org.apache.fop.apps.Fop directly with
'java org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -fo invoice3.fo -pdf invoice3.pdf', after
setting the required libraries into the classpath.

Regards,
Sebastian