Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Sascha Kulawik <sa...@kulawik.de> on 2002/08/01 23:48:42 UTC

IMAP changes - currently working tasks

Hello everbody who is interested in James-IMAP :)
(I haven't got really much response, is anybody out there interested in
my work ?)

Currently I've fixed following Bug:
Mailbox names could also contain UTF-7 Data.
Now you can use international (8-BIT) names for the mailboxes.

Following Bugs are open:
- Append Command should be completed
- Rename Command for renaming Folders don't work
- Using Factory Methods for instanciating (File) Mailboxes, so it is
possible to switch between File and JDBC Mailboxes (or others).

Greetings,
Sascha

RE: IMAP changes - currently working tasks

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Sascha,

I'm sure that quite a few people are interested, even if you aren't getting
much feedback.  In fact, there are probably more people intererested in
James-user, but they don't necessarily want to hear about the nitty-gritty
details like people here do, even if we're lurking on this topic.

> Using Factory Methods for instanciating (File) Mailboxes, so it is
> possible to switch between File and JDBC Mailboxes (or others).

What changes, if any, do you need to make to the JDBC stores?  I need to
make a change to the tables, so if you need to make some, let's see if we
can package all the changes at one time.

	--- Noel

Re: IMAP changes - currently working tasks

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.
Sascha,

I am glad to hear, that you proceed with james IMAP.
Sooner or later I will help you. (Depending on available time :-) ).

Bye,

Stephan Schiessling

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Sascha,