Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Peggy Davidson <ti...@mindspring.com> on 2002/10/04 03:14:34 UTC

validating CreditCard field

Hi, I was working with jakarta-struts-1.1-b2 and was having a problem with
the date field being validated even if the field was not required and was
empty.  I saw the thread on the patch that was released shortly after b2 to
resolve the problem responded to by David Derry on 9/08, so I download Oct
3rd's nightly build, installed/recompiled and tested which has fixed my date
problem. However, now I am having the same problem with creditcard field
where the creditcard field is not required but I am still getting the error
that its required.  I was not having this problem when using b2. Has anyone
else experienced this problem?  Is there something else that I could be
doing incorrectly?
Pertinent info:  Running Orion Application server 1.5.4, jdk 1.4 and here is
the snippet of my validation.xml, red hat linux 7.2
         <field    property="ccNumber1"
         	   depends="creditCard"
                   page="3">
         	     <arg0 key="Credit Card # for Option 1" resource="false"/>
         </field>

TIA, Peggy