Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christopher Tremblay <Ch...@corel.com> on 2001/11/27 21:33:07 UTC

Stepping through Batik?

Hi,
I'm not very familiar with this project, and I would be interested in
stepping through the code to have a better understanding of what each
component does.  Does anybody have suggestions on the best (easiest)
approach to take for this?  I have tried using JBuilder on Win2000, but
I haven't had any success yet.
thanks,
Chris

Stepping through Batik?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

CT> I'm not very familiar with this project, and I would be
CT> interested in stepping through the code to have a better
CT> understanding of what each component does.  Does anybody have
CT> suggestions on the best (easiest) approach to take for this?  I
CT> have tried using JBuilder on Win2000, but I haven't had any
CT> success yet.

    What part of Batik are you interested in?

    XML/CSS parsing & DOM?    -> batik.css, batik.dom

    SVG interpretation        -> batik.bridge
        (BridgeContext,
         GraphicsNodeBridge.createGraphicsNode/buildGraphicsNode)

    Rendering                 -> batik.gvt, batik.ext.awt.image.*
        (GraphicsNode.paint, GraphicsNode.primitivePaint,
         *Rable, *Red - filters).

    GUI                       -> batik.swing
        (JSVGCanvas)

    Hope this helps at least a little...

    There is also some fairly significant documentation on what role
the various parts play on the Batik Web site.  In particular you may
be interested in reading the section on extensions as that explains
how stuff goes from XML to bits on the screen (in a bit of a round