Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2006/07/06 23:16:32 UTC

[VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

I have posted a candidate for the first C++ release here:

http://people.apache.org/~robbinspg/RC1

The code is tagged in svn:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/cpp-0.1.incubating-M1/
 <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/cpp-0.1.incubating-M1/%C2%A0>

Please vote to publish the Milestone 1 release distributions. Please
take some time to download the distributions, review them and test them
in your environment before voting.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours, please vote by July 9th,
23:00 BST. At least three +1 votes are required, and only the votes from
Tuscany committers are binding. If the majority of all votes is
positive, I will send a summary of that vote to the Incubator's general
list to formally request the Incubator PMC to approve the Tuscany C++
Milestone 1 release. For your reference the Incubator release policy
guidelines are available at
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases.

Release Summary
=============

Tuscany SCA C++ provides a runtime implementation for the Service Component
Architecture 0.9 specification, written in C++ and will currently support
C++
component implementation types. This is not yet a complete implementation
and
known restrictions are described below.

Supported SCA Assembly Model features
  *  All features are supported unless listed under the known restrictions
     below. See SCA Assembly Model specification.

Supported language bindings
  * Component implementations written in C++. See SCA Client and
    Implementation Model specification.
  * Component interfaces described by C++ classes. See SCA Client and
    Implementation Model specification.

Supported external service and entry point bindings
  * The web service binding is supported. This implementation will support
    web services which using document literal SOAP bindings conforming to
the
    WS-I basic profile (rpc/encoded is not yet supported).

Known restrictions
  * Subsystem: wiring, entry points and external services are not supported.
  * Local service interfaces cannot use overloaded operations (the SCA
    specification limits remote service interfaces to not using
overloaded operations).
  * Each WSDL definition for a web service binding must be in a single WSDL
document.
  * No load time validation of the deployed SCA application (run time
validation only).
  * No metadata API.

 A sample is included which demonstrates deploying an SCA module, component
wiring, locating and invoking C++ service from C++ component,  invoking from
a C++ client, and exposing a service as a web service using ws binding.

Cheers,

--
Pete

Re: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com>.
I guess we could. I had imagined that an M1 would be a debug build, as the
likelyhood of needing to use the debug symbols is high - and its going to be
developers using it.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
There are obviously some problems in the install and run doc + some bugs so
I thinke we need to fix these problems and re-spin the candidate. Please
continue to find problems... it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
It looks

On 07/07/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> AddressingInHandler within the phase PreDispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [info]  Starting addressing in handler
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [info]  addr_in_handler.c
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase Dispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> addressing_based_dispatcher within the phase Dispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] addr_disp.c(110) Checking for service
> using WSA enpoint address :
> http://127.0.0.1:9090/axis2/services/Calculator
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] addr_disp.c(140) Service found using
> WSA enpoint address
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> request_uri_based_dispatcher within the phase Dispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> soap_action_based_dispatcher within the phase Dispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> soap_message_body_based_dispatcher within the phase Dispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] soap_body_disp.c(211) Checking for
> operation using SOAP message body's first child's local name : add
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] soap_body_disp.c(220) Operation found
> using SOAP message body's first child's local name
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase
> PostDispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> dispatch_post_conditions_evaluator within the phase PostDispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] phase.c(338) Invoke the handler
> context_handler within the phase PostDispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase
> PolicyDetermination
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase
> PreDispatch
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [info]  Axis2EntryPointService invoke called
> with system root:
> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin
> /samples/Calculator/deploy
> entrypoint name:
> CalculatorSubsystem/CalculatorService/WSCalculatorEntrypoint operation
> name: add
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(440) Axis2 engine receive
> successful
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [info]  Request served in 0.137 seconds
>
> Finally, I'm now trying to test your web service with a SOAP test tool,
> and seeing that the Calculator.wsdl is using a different endpoint than
> the client (http://localhost/axis/CalculatorService), it's a minor issue
> but it would be nice if they used the same endpoint to avoid creating
> confusion... I got different "service not found" errors in axis2.log
> when I started with the WSDL, and at least that confused me :)
>
> I'll send an update later when I get a capture of the SOAP traffic,
> hoping it'll help understand why the web service is not working.

It looks like the ws call is getting into the component and that is working
fine. The error is when we are trying to convert the dataobject returned
from the calculator sample to an axiom object before returning it over the
wire. I haven't seen this behaviour before.

Before starting the axis http server you could set the environment variabl
TUSCANY_SCACPP_LOGGING=4 to get some trace.

I'll try and take a look at this tomorrow if I can free up some time.

Cheers,

--
Pete

Re: Problem with C++ web service sample, was: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for trying this out. We will add the prereq info to the
documentation.

Andy, as you are working on the doc ... ;-)

Cheers,

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Andrew Borley wrote:
> [...]
>> >>
>> /samples/Calculator/deploy/modules/CalculatorModule/libCalculatorModule.so

>> and

>> Andy,
>>
>> I'm using axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>>
>> With the following RPMs:
>> libxml2-2.6.16-6
>> libxml2-devel-2.6.16-6
>> zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2
>> zlib-devel-1.2.1.2-1.2
>>
>> iconv --version:
>> iconv (GNU libc) 2.3.4
>>
>> ldd libtuscany_sca_ws_service.so gives me the following:
>> libtuscany_sdo.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sdo_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/lib/libtuscany_sdo.so.0
>>

>> (0xb7f13000)
>> libtuscany_sdo_axiom.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sdo_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin
>> /lib/libtuscany_sdo_axiom.so.0
>> (0xb7f0e000)
>> libtuscany_sca.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp- 0.1.incubating-M1-bin
>> /lib/libtuscany_sca.so.0
>> (0xb7eb1000)
>> libaxis2_util.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_util.so.0
>> (0xb7e95000)
>> libaxis2_axiom.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_axiom.so.0
>> (0xb7e68000)
>> libaxis2_wsdl.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_wsdl.so.0
>> (0xb7e54000)
>> libaxis2_engine.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_engine.so.0
>> (0xb7df0000)
>> libaxis2_parser.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_parser.so.0
>>
>> (0xb7de7000)
>> libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7db9000)
>> libaxis2_minizip.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_minizip.so.0
>>

>> (0xb7db3000)
>> libaxis2_http_sender.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_http_sender.so.0
>> (0xb7da9000)
>> libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c- 0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
>> /lib/libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0
>> (0xb7da3000)
>> libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7cd8000)
>> libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0xb7cb5000)
>> libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0xb7b8b000)
>> libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7b82000)
>> libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0 =>
>> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin
>> /lib/libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0
>> (0xb7b7c000)
>> libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xb7b6c000)
>> libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7b68000)
>> libxml2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 (0xb7a73000)

The install of libxml2-2.6.20-1 was a little tricky as my Redhat
Enterprise Linux 4 comes with an older libxml2 and updating it would
require updates of a number of other components of the system... so I
installed a local copy of libxml2-2.6.20-1 under my test user and added
it to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to get it picked up before /usr/lib/libxml2...
and great news!  the Calculator web service works end to end now!

Thanks a lot for the help!

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Problem with C++ web service sample, was: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean-Sebastien,

> [...]

> libaxis2_http_sender.so.0 =>
> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
> /lib/libaxis2_http_sender.so.0
> (0xb7da9000)
> libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0 =>
> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c- 0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux
> /lib/libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0
> (0xb7da3000)
> libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7cd8000)
> libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0xb7cb5000)
> libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0xb7b8b000)
> libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7b82000)
> libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0 =>
> /home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin
> /lib/libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0
> (0xb7b7c000)
> libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0xb7b6c000)
> libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb7b68000)
> libxml2.so.2 => /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 (0xb7a73000)

Cheers,

Andrew Borley

Re: Problem with C++ web service sample, was: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Andrew Borley wrote:
> [...]
>>   Entering: Operation::destructor
>>   Exiting: Operation::destructor
>>   Exiting: EntryPointProxy::invoke
>>   Entering: Operation::destructor
>>   Exiting: Operation::destructor
>> No Root Element in the document
>>

>> This confirms that the component is invoked.
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien

Andy,

I'm using axis2c-bin-0.92-linux

With the following RPMs:
libxml2-2.6.16-6
libxml2-devel-2.6.16-6
zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2
zlib-devel-1.2.1.2-1.2

iconv --version:
iconv (GNU libc) 2.3.4

ldd libtuscany_sca_ws_service.so gives me the following:
libtuscany_sdo.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sdo_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/lib/libtuscany_sdo.so.0
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sdo_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/lib/libtuscany_sdo_axiom.so.0
(0xb7f0e000)
libtuscany_sca.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/lib/libtuscany_sca.so.0
(0xb7eb1000)
libaxis2_util.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_util.so.0
(0xb7e95000)
libaxis2_axiom.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_axiom.so.0
(0xb7e68000)
libaxis2_wsdl.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_wsdl.so.0
(0xb7e54000)
libaxis2_engine.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_engine.so.0
(0xb7df0000)
libaxis2_parser.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_parser.so.0
(0xb7de7000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7db9000)
libaxis2_minizip.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_minizip.so.0
(0xb7db3000)
libaxis2_http_sender.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_http_sender.so.0
(0xb7da9000)
libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/axis2c-0.92/axis2c-bin-0.92-linux/lib/libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0
(0xb7da3000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7cd8000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0xb7cb5000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0xb7b8b000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7b82000)
libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0 =>
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/lib/libtuscany_sca_ws_reference.so.0

Posted by Andrew Borley <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Pete Robbins wrote:
> [...]

  Entering: SCARuntime::getInstance
  Exiting: SCARuntime::getInstance
  Entering: ModelLoader::mapSubsystem
    ModelLoader::mapSubsystem: Loaded subsystem: CalculatorSubsystem
  Entering: System::addSubsystem
  Entering: Subsystem::constructor
  Exiting: Subsystem::constructor
  Exiting: System::addSubsystem
    ModelLoader::mapSubsystem: number of module components: 1
  Entering: Subsystem::addModuleComponent
  Entering: Module::constructor
  Exiting: Module::constructor
  Exiting: Subsystem::addModuleComponent
  Exiting: ModelLoader::mapSubsystem
  Exiting: ModelLoader::loadSubsystemFile
  Exiting: ModelLoader::loadSubsystems
  Entering: ModelLoader::loadModules
  Entering: ModelLoader::loadModuleFile
    module filename: sca.module
  Entering: ModelLoader::mapModule
    ModelLoader::mapModule: Loading module: CalculatorModule, root Dir:
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/samples/Calculator/deploy/modules/CalculatorModule
[...]
/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/M1-cpp/tuscany_sca_cpp-0.1.incubating-M1-bin/samples/Calculator/deploy/modules/CalculatorModule/libCalculatorModule.so
      Library::load :

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> [...]
> CalculatorSubsystem/CalculatorService/WSCalculatorEntrypoint operation
> name: add
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(440) Axis2 engine receive
> successful
> [Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [info]  Request served in 0.137 seconds
>
> Finally, I'm now trying to test your web service with a SOAP test
> tool, and seeing that the Calculator.wsdl is using a different
> endpoint than the client (http://localhost/axis/CalculatorService),
> it's a minor issue but it would be nice if they used the same endpoint
> to avoid creating confusion... I got different "service not found"
> errors in axis2.log when I started with the WSDL, and at least that
> confused me :)
>
> I'll send an update later when I get a capture of the SOAP traffic,
> hoping it'll help understand why the web service is not working.

More info, here's a capture of the TCP/IP traffic between my SOAP test
tool and the Calculator Web service:

Request:
POST /axis/services/Calculator HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:8123
Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
SOAPAction: "CalculatorService#add"
Connection: close

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:q0="tuscany/c/Calculator"
<soapenv:Body>
<q0:add>
<q0:param1>1</q0:param1>
<q0:param2>2</q0:param2>
</q0:add>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Response:
HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
Connection: close

The web service is actually invoked on the server side I can see a print
that says:
Calc ulatorImpl::add 1.000000 + 2.000000 = 3.000000 :)
then... No Root Element in the document :(

So it's really close to working end to end, until this "No Root Element
in the document" problem. The interesting thing is that when I try
runwsclient I am getting this message on the client side, and I know
that the web service is not executing on the server side. So I'm
starting to suspect a problem with the SDO serialization, but it's just
a wild guess at this point.

Hope this helps... I have the Eclipse CDT configured with a debugger so
I'll continue to investigate and plow through this...

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Pete Robbins wrote:
> On 07/07/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:I'm trying the Linux binary distribution
>> and
>> running into the following
>> issues:
>>
>> - The INSTALL files for both the SDO and SCA distributions just say
>> "Extract the binary tar package to a folder". I suggest to add a
>> statement asking to add the lib directory needs to be added to
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so that the SCA and SDO shared libraries can be found.
>

> OK. I guess that info is needed when running apps. I think it is
> mentioned
> in the samples doc... or the scripts to run the samples already set
> that up.
>

>> - The test cases in bin/test do not work, tuscany_sdo_test complains
>> about XSD files not found, tuscany_sdo_axiom_test about "no root element
>> in the document", tuscany_sca_test about TUSCANY_SCACPP_SYSTEM_ROOT not
>> being set. I'm just running these test cases from bin/test. It may be a
>> problem in my environment, or I may have missed a doc describing how to
>> run these tests, or maybe they're not supposed to be run this way...
>>
>> Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
>

> These test cases should not be in the bin distribution. They are only to
> verify the src build.There are scripts to run thenm from the src
> distro. I
> will remove them from the bin.
>
> Try the samples ;-)
>
> Thanks for the input.
>

>> --
>> Pete

Pete, I am trying the samples.

The Calculator sample works OK.

I'm having trouble with the Calculator web service.
I am using the Axis2 simple HTTP server, configured as described in your
samples doc.
Running runwsclient gives me this:
Invoking operation add with params 4.7 and 9
CalculatorImpl::add 4.700000 + 9.000000 = 13.700000
No Root Element in the document
Calculator stub invoke FAILED!
Using endpoint : http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/Calculator

Invoking operation div with params 7.2 and 3.6
DivideServiceImpl::div 7.200000 / 3.600000 = 2.000000
CalculatorImpl::div DivideService returned result: 2.000000
No Root Element in the document
Calculator stub invoke FAILED!
Using endpoint : http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/Calculator

Invoking operation mul with params 7 and 6
CalculatorImpl::mul 7.000000 * 6.000000 = 42.000000
No Root Element in the document
Calculator stub invoke FAILED!

I am still investigating but here's my axis2 log (looks OK to me but I'm
not sure...):
[Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] http_worker.c(191) Client HTTP
version HTTP/1.1
[Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] soap_builder.c(840) identified soap
version is soap12
[Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase TransportIn
[Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase PreDispatch
[...]
[Fri Jul  7 15:39:02 2006] [debug] engine.c(881) Invoking phase PostDispatch

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Regards

Luciano Resende

Re: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Edward Slattery <ed...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.
> I'll be around on the mailing list but not IRC.

Me too.

Geoff.

Re: [VOTE] Publish Tuscany C++ M1 release

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.