Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Rupert Young <ru...@liberty.nildram.co.uk> on 2004/06/03 00:13:14 UTC

Open relay

My ISP won't unblock port 25 for SMTP because they say my amil server,
James 2.1.3, is an open relay.  How do I re-configure James to not be
open relay?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Rupert Young

Re: Open relay

Posted by bill <bi...@parducci.net>.
last i checked, james was not configured as an open relay by default. ask your
isp to show you the e-mail that they successfully relayed through it--me thinks
they are confusing *accepting* a message with *relaying* a message--james
accepts everything, but only passes on what makes it through the mailet gauntlet.