Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcio E Miranda <Ma...@fastsearch.com> on 2006/04/14 02:54:32 UTC

Maximizing a portlet implementing MyFacesGenericPortlet causes Liferay to crash.

Hi,

This may or may not be specific to the portlet implementation of My
Faces, but when a portlet implementing MyFacesGenericPortlet is
maximized in Liferay, the following exception is thrown:

00:35:32,497 INFO  [STDOUT] javax.portlet.PortletException

00:35:32,497 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.handleExceptionFromLife
cycle(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:257)

00:35:32,497 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.processAction(MyFacesGe
nericPortlet.java:233)

00:35:32,497 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:72
)

00:35:32,497 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
com.liferay.portlet.ActionResponseImpl.setRenderParameter(ActionResponse
Impl.java:166)

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.processAction(MyFacesGe
nericPortlet.java:225)

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    ... 50 more

Nested Exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
com.liferay.portlet.ActionResponseImpl.setRenderParameter(ActionResponse
Impl.java:166)

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.processAction(MyFacesGe
nericPortlet.java:225)

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:72
)

00:35:32,517 INFO  [STDOUT]    at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

Do you think this is a My Faces issue? The others portlets which are
bundled with Liferay doesn't show this behavior.

Marcio.

Re: Maximizing a portlet implementing MyFacesGenericPortlet causes Liferay to crash.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Marcio E Miranda wrote:
> Hi,
>

> This may or may not be specific to the portlet implementation of My
> Faces, but when a portlet implementing MyFacesGenericPortlet is
> maximized in Liferay, the following exception is thrown:
>

> Do you think this is a My Faces issue? The others portlets which are
> bundled with Liferay doesn’t show this behavior.

You can try changing the <restore-current-view> value in
liferay-portlet.xml.  I haven't had time to see what difference that
makes for JSF, but it could help.

--
Dave Brondsema
Software Developer