Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Whitlock <ma...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/03/17 11:37:40 UTC

input/output/inout WSDLs

Hi,
I have been investigating input/output/inout parameters in WSDLs that I
don't believe are currently tested. I just wanted to see what works and
what doesn't. Have a look at ...

(See attached file: Noparms.wsdl)(See attached file: Inout.hpp)(See
attached file: Inout.wsdl)(See attached file: Inputonly.cpp)(See attached
file: Inputonly.hpp)(See attached file: InputOnly.wsdl)(See attached file:
Multiout.cpp)(See attached file: Multiout.hpp)
(See attached file: Multiout.wsdl)(See attached file: Inout.cpp)

These are some WSDLs and the generated output from them. I have not
compiled or run anything using these WSDLs. This is what I found...

   Multiout.wsdl. This has an output message with multiple output
   parameters. I was surprised WSDL2Ws coped so well! This might actually
   work. WSDL2Ws documents multiple output parameters with AXIS_OUT_PARAM
   in the generated header/stub. I grepped across all the test output and
   AXIS_OUT_PARAM was not found so this is not currently tested.
   Inout.wsdl. WSDL2ws separates an inout parameter into an input parameter
   and an output parameter which is not really the spirit of the WSDL.
   Having said that, these generated stubs may well work.
   InputOnly.wsdl. Again WSDL2Ws seemed to do the right thing. Please note
   there is *no* output message.
   Noparms.wsdl. WSDL2Ws fell over with a java exception and didn't
   generate anything. The WSDL looks pretty empty but I think it's valid.
   If this WSDL is valid then this is a bug.

Are these WSDLs valid?
Should we support them?
Can you think of any other WSDL flavours that we should support?

I think we should test all these situations since it broadens the flavours
of WSDL that our users can use Axis C++ with.
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM