Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2016/01/15 05:24:14 UTC

Re: Bigtop provisioner [Was: for other distros]

Hey guys.

Looks like moving the smokes into the top-level had an interesting effect on
the provisioner. BIGTOP-2244 explains the issue which was failing our CI smoke
testing. Now all is back to blue again. However, looking into the provisioner
jobs, like

    http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/job/Bigtop-Docker-provisioner-centos-6/80/console

I've noticed that soma of the tests arent running, and looks like there never
were ran, because:

Build file '/bigtop-home/bigtop-tests/smoke-tests/build.gradle' line: 26

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':bigtop-tests:smoke-tests:spark:test'.
> undeclared env variable: SPARK_HOME

And clearly, our bigtop-deploy/vm/utils/smoke-tests.sh isn't setting up
SPARK_HOME variable. Shall it be fixed or there some other plans for it?

Cos

Re: Bigtop provisioner [Was: for other distros]

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 01:44PM, Evans Ye wrote:
> Exactly. IMO, that would cut the user experience pain hugely. With that
> fixed users can run smoke tests out of the box just like running
> docker-provisioner.

Yup, good idea!

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ah the  vm smoke tests wrapper and maybe others expected that path to stay the same .

I guess we will have to patch these on a case by case basis.

Thanks for noting cos.