Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michele Marcionelli <mi...@math.ethz.ch> on 2002/06/06 16:28:27 UTC

Include directive

Hi everybody,

Can someone help me?
Suppose to have several <Directory> with the same allow,deny values (for
instance a big list of different IP addresses) such as:

    <Directory /path/to/my/directory_j>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd eee.fff.ggg.hhh ... ppp.qqq.rrr.sss ...
    </Directory>

where j = 1 ... N (sorry for the notation, but I'm used to ;)

How can avoid to write N time the same "very big allow values"? Ok... I
could do it with copy&paste... but... what about setting up a new IP value
or making a changes?

Is it possible (and how?) to have the IP values in another file? Maybe using
the "Include" directive?

Has someone out there any ideas?

Cheers,
Michele

Re: Include directive

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
It appears that using the Include directive would work for your
purposes.  I have not tried this, so YMMV.  You speak of a large
number of IP addresses to exclude; you may want to look at using
partial IP addresses to keep out subnets if that will cut down on
the amount you need to type.