Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2003/08/31 13:57:43 UTC

Re: Inclusion of the Calendar Popup in Apache Cocoon

[For cocoon-dev] I asked Matt Kruse about the inclusion of his nice
JavaScript calendar popup
(http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/calendarpopup/) into Cocoon. He
answered very positively, so be prepared to see this in Woody in the
coming days (I have it working on my HD, but it needs some polishing).

Matt Kruse wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sorry for the delay in responding - it's been busy.
>
>Yes, you may use the calendar popup library in the cocoon distribution.

Cool. Thanks a lot !

>Please leave my comments in the javascript source so that users can find my site to get updates, etc.

You should have no worries for this : the source will be included as is,
with no modifications, as we don't need nor don't want to maintain a
fork of your  work.

>I just recently put up a beta version of the calendar popup which is implemented using Struts tag libraries, so the popup may end up in multiple apache projects :)

I've seen your post on Struts-users. AFAICS, this taglib directly embeds
the JavaScript code in the tag code, and does not refer to an external
.js file. Is there any difference between the two versions ?

>If you have any other questions, let me know!

You mentioned (on the support forum IIRC) an update to avoid the
explicit declaration of the hidden DIV used to attach the popup. What's
the status of this ?

Thanks again,
Sylvain

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/
>>

> Wow, I like the "bubble" example !
>
> AFAIK, the Artistic licence is compatible with the Apache licence, so
> there should be no problem. We should have a look also at Matt Kruse's
> PopupWindow library that is used by his calendar
> (http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/popupwindow/)

I am glad you like overLib. The bubble example is very nice looking :)

and for date picker (calendar) using overLib:
http://javascript.internet.com/calendars/date-picker.html

<snip>
 Date Picker provides a pop-up calendar in a dynamically populated DIV. It
combines the original date-picker script by Kedar R. Bhave and the
overlib library by Erik Bosrup. This method is an improvement over using
a pop-up window, since so many people are installing software to suppress
the annoying pop-up windows generating for advertising.
</snip>

But again we need to check the licenses behind it. :)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Inclusion of the Calendar Popup in Apache Cocoon

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Sunday, August 31, 2003, at 03:37 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>>
>>> [For cocoon-dev] I asked Matt Kruse about the inclusion of his nice
>>> JavaScript calendar popup
>>> (http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/calendarpopup/) into Cocoon. He
>>> answered very positively, so be prepared to see this in Woody in the
>>> coming days (I have it working on my HD, but it needs some
>>> polishing).

Boy! Would I love to use this!
Unfortunately a couple of these crash Safari (MacOSX's default browser,
based on KDE's KHTML). I am submitting this as a bug to Apple.

>> Nice calendar, it has many features. I hope it can be include :)
>>
>> I am using also another interesting project (overLib) to show a simple
>> online help:
>>
>> http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
>>
>> I prefer to use this enhanced version:
>>
>> http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/
>>

> Wow, I like the "bubble" example !

Very nice :)

regards Jeremy

Re: Inclusion of the Calendar Popup in Apache Cocoon

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Sylvain Wallez dijo: