Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Wojciech Korczyński <wo...@alphamoon.ai> on 2020/07/28 08:26:23 UTC

Job Cluster on Kubernetes with PyFlink

Hello,

I would like to use PyFlink jobs on Kubernetes in Job Cluster. I managed to
do this in Cluster Session mode but deploying it as an independent Job
Cluster for each job seems a better option for me.

If I understand the documentation well [1], [2] I should create a custom
docker image which consists of my job which would be used in YAML files for
jobmanger and taskmanager K8s deployments. However it only mentions JAR
jobs. How can I do similar for a PyFlnik job? When I was deploying it in
session cluster mode I also included a .jaf file to the Kafka connector
which also should be somehow included.

The only source I have found [3] has a bash script which creates images but
I am not sure if it can be used for PyFlink jobs (especially when I want to
apply UDF).

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/deployment/kubernetes.html#start-a-job-cluster
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/deployment/docker.html#jobmanager-additional-command-line-arguments
[3] https://github.com/ronlut/flink-k8s/tree/master/build-image

Kind regards,
Wojtek

--
UWAGA - Wiadomość oraz załączone do niej dokumenty zawierają informacje
poufne, które mogą być również objęte tajemnicą handlową lub służbową.

Alphamoon Sp. z o.o.,
ul. Pawła Włodkowica 21/3, 50-072 Wrocław,
wpisana pod numerem KRS
0000621513 do Krajowego Rejestru Sądowego, prowadzonego przez Sąd Rejonowy
dla Wrocławia-Fabrycznej VI Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru
Sądowego, NIP: 8943079568, REGON 364634116.; Kapitał zakładowy: 5.000 PLN w
pełni opłacony.

NOTE - Message and the documents attached thereto contain
confidential information, which may also be a trade secret or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient of the message, please contact the
sender without delay and delete the message from your system. Disclosure,
copying, dissemination or publication of this message and information
contained therein is prohibited.

Alphamoon Sp. z o.o. (Ltd.), ul. Pawła
Włodkowica 21/3, 50-072 Wrocław, Poland;
Registered under the KRS number
0000621513 to the National Court Register, kept by the District Court for
Wrocław-Fabryczna VI Economic Department of the National Court Register,
VAT-ID: PL8943079568, REGON 364634116; Share capital: PLN 5.000 fully
paid-up.

Re: Job Cluster on Kubernetes with PyFlink

Posted by Shuiqiang Chen <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wojciech,

After double checking, there should be a way to run PyFlink jobs on
kubernetes in the job cluster. You can have a try:
1. The custom image has a corresponding pyflink installed. (it seems that
you have already done this)
2. If you use third-party python dependencies in the Python UDF, please
make sure that the Python dependencies should also be pip installed
3. Putting the flink-python_{your_scala_version}-{your_flink_version}.jar
into the /opt/flink/usrlib directory when building the custom docker image.
4. Setting the value of option "--job-classname" to be
"org.apache.flink.client.python.PythonDriver".
5. Adding '-pym {the_entry_module_of_your_pyflink_job}' to [job arguments].

Best,
Shuiqiang

Shuiqiang Chen <ac...@gmail.com> 于2020年7月28日周二 下午5:55写道: