Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Christopher Schollar <cs...@ska.ac.za> on 2014/05/01 17:43:18 UTC

Greetings

Hello everyone

I am a new member of the team at SKA SA. I am working with Tom Bennet who
is already a commiter for OODT. I'll be taking over a few of his
responsibilities here, including some of the work he does with OODT. As
part of helping me get to grips with the software he gave me the job of
trying to solve this bug
here<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-674?jql=project%20%3D%20OODT%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Major%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC>.
The bug was basically that the MoveFile action of the crawler would fail if
the product was on a NFS mounted directory. I altered the code to fix this
and Thomas helped me put up a solution on review board
here<https://reviews.apache.org/r/20849/> . I
thought I would introduce myself to the team as I will probably be working
a lot with OODT in the coming months/years.

Cheers
Christopher Schollar

Re: Greetings

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the commit and the introduction. I'm the random unofficial
community advocate type person, nice of you to take the time to
introduce yourself! :)

Regards,

Tom

--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: Greetings

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Chris, great work on OODT-674 and glad to have you on board!

Would you be willing to sign an ICLA here:

https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

That way we can get your contributions on file and licensed and
we welcome your contributions to the community!

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Greetings

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,
Excellent...
Wee recently established a roadmap for 0.7 which (if you are able) should
be the development focus in order to make the next oodt release.