Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/04/03 06:48:40 UTC

Planning to update "createQuoteFromCart" service

I am planning to update the code written in the service
"createQuoteFromCart" - QuoteServices.xml line #693.
Right now the code present inside this service creates quote only for
Sales Order cart & I would like to change this code so that it would
work for Purchase Orders as well.

As per my understanding you can also create Quotation from Purchase
Order cart when you create order on backend screens.
There can be two cases that I can think of:

1) Suppose I started purchasing some item from my Supplier(Purchase
Order entry in Backend) and in between I decided to get quotation first
from that Supplier, at the same time I can create other quote from the
quote screen to get multiple quotation from different Suppliers.

2) From the generated requirement I started creating Purchase order and
in the mid of Purchase Order process I decided to get quotation from
multiple supplier. So I would prefer to create quotation from Purchase
Order.

The code present inside orderShortcuts.ftl file only enables link for
quotation when you are creating Sales Order.
            <#if shoppingCart.getOrderType() == "SALES_ORDER">
            <li><a href="<@o...@ofbizUrl>"
class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.OrderOrderQuotes}</a></li>
            <li><a
href="<@o...@ofbizUrl>"
class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.OrderCreateQuoteFromCart}</a></li>
            <li><a
href="<@o...@ofbizUrl>"
class="buttontext">${uiLabelMap.OrderCreateCustRequestFromCart}</a></li>
            </#if>

I have also seen that Manual Quote entry for "Product" &
"Product_Purchase" works fine and later on you can create "Sales Order"
& "Purchase Order" respectively for the approved quotation.

Please let me know if any technical details are present for sticking
Quotation with *ONLY* Sales Order cart.
Thanks!

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Planning to update "createQuoteFromCart" service

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Committed at r930630.

--
Ashish