Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Svante Berglund <sv...@planet-svante.com> on 2003/02/03 18:36:39 UTC

unsupportedDataType...

Hi all.
Since I had nothing planned for this evening I thought I´d try to write my
first mailet wich matches on a certain SubjectIs. Since I don´t know how to
write a nice mailet I stole a snippet from Serge´s ServerTime mailet just to
see if I could get his code working in my mailet. Wich I couldn´t... My code
looks like this:

public void service(Mail mail) throws MessagingException
  {
    MimeMessage response = (MimeMessage)mail.getMessage().reply(false);
    response.setSubject("The time is now...");
    StringBuffer textBuffer =
        new StringBuffer(128)
                .append("This mail server thinks it's ")
                .append((new java.util.Date()).toString())
                .append(".");
    response.setText(textBuffer.toString());

    Set recipients = new HashSet();
    Address addresses[] = response.getAllRecipients();
    for (int i = 0; i < addresses.length; i++) {
        recipients.add(new MailAddress((InternetAddress)addresses[0]));
    }

    MailAddress sender = new MailAddress("me@oopsDotCom.com"); //My
changes!!!
    getMailetContext().sendMail(sender, recipients, response);
  }

and then spoolmanager says like this :

03/02/03 18:04:13 ERROR spoolmanager.root: Exception calling SvanteTest:
Exception spooling message: Exception caught while storing Message
Container: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for
MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii;
  nested exception is:
	java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while storing Message
Container: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for
MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii
javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception spooling message: Exception caught
while storing Message Container:
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type
text/plain; charset=us-ascii;
  nested exception is:
	java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while storing Message
Container: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for
MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii
	at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:450)
	at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:407)
	at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:389)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invo
ke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
	at $Proxy9.sendMail(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.SvanteTest.service(SvanteTest.java:98)
	at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:362)
	at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
385)
	at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:315)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Executabl
eRunnable.java:47)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:8
0)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception caught while storing Message
Container: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for
MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii
	at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository.store(AvalonMailReposit
ory.java:305)
	at org.apache.james.James.sendMail(James.java:444)
[...]

03/02/03 18:04:13 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <root>
[...]
03/02/03 18:04:13 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing
Mail1044291852622-1 through root
03/02/03 18:04:13 ERROR spoolmanager: Result was error

My James version is 2.1.1a5 (local build with my mailet in it). Os is W2k
and client Outlook 2000. I had a look in the mail archive but I didn´t find
anything I could use. So, if someone knows how to get a DCH for the
text/plain MIME type I´ll be more than happy to listen!

Regards
Svante

RE: unsupportedDataType...

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> 03/02/03 18:04:13 ERROR spoolmanager.root: Exception calling SvanteTest:
> Exception spooling message: Exception caught while storing Message
> Container: javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH
for
> MIME type text/plain; charset=us-ascii;

Could you please make sure that you don't have a corrupt copy of JAF
(activation.jar).  I just ran your mailet (attached) and it worked fine.

	--- Noel