Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/22 06:51:20 UTC

Question about naming convention for jar files

I'm completing my tests for the upgrade from Tomcat 5 to Tomcat 6 and,
in this process I will have to upgrade some of the api jars in the
base/lib/j2eespecs folder with the new ones bundled with Tomcat 6:

geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec-1.0.jar --> servlet-api.jar (Servlet 2.5 API)
geronimo-jsp_2.0_spec-1.0.jar --> jsp-api.jar (JSP 2.1 API)

Also, we will need to add the following two new jars:

annotations-api.jar (Annotations package)
el-api.jar (EL 2.1 API)

However, I would like to rename the jars so that it is easier to
understand what their content is (and where they come from).

First option:

tomcat-6-servlet_2.5_spec.jar
tomcat-6-jsp_2.1_spec.jar
tomcat-6-el_2.1_spec.jar
tomcat-6-annotations_??_spec.jar

Second option: without the "tomcat-6" prefix.

Third option: replace "spec" with "api".

Or a combination of the three above.

Please help me in this decision.

Jacopo

Re: Question about naming convention for jar files

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>> tomcat-6-servlet_2.5_spec.jar
>> tomcat-6-jsp_2.1_spec.jar
>> tomcat-6-el_2.1_spec.jar
>> tomcat-6-annotations_??_spec.jar
>
> I think I like this list the best.
>
> -David

+1, better to know where it comes from, in my opininon. The more information, the better

Jacques

Re: Question about naming convention for jar files

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.