Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cyrill Rüttimann <ja...@mac.com> on 2006/01/01 20:08:04 UTC

Problems creating Report Plug-In

Hi,

I have some spare time to develop a findbugs report plugin for maven 2.

I have looked up so far:

- the pmd plugin
- the findbugs eclipse plugin

I have the recipe to build the plugin and have created the necessary
classes. I am now testing how to get the compile artifacts from the
maven environment and pass them to my helper classes.

I have installed the plugin to my local repository with mvn install
and call this plugin from another java project with the plugin in the
reporting section of the pom. Unfortunately, I am getting an error
message:

[INFO] Error getting reports from the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-findbugs-plugin': Unable to find the
mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-findbugs-plugin:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:findbugs' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
findbugs-plugin'

At the moment, I am lost. Please can you help me?

Environment:
Java 1.4.2_09
MacOS X 10.4

Regards,

Cyrill

/**
* Generates a FindBugs report.
*
* @author $Author: cyrill $
* @version $Revision: 4 $ $Date: 2006-01-01 16:52:39 +0100 (Sun, 01
Jan 2006) $
*
* @goal findbugs
* @description Generates a FindBugs Report.
*
*/
public final class FindBugsReport extends AbstractMavenReport {

<project
     xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
     xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://
maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd ">
     <parent>
         <artifactId>maven-plugin-parent</artifactId>
         <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
     </parent>
     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
     <artifactId>maven-findbugs-plugin</artifactId>
     <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
     <name>Maven FindBugs PlugIn</name>
     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <prerequisites>
         <maven>2.0.1</maven>
     </prerequisites>

Re: Problems creating Report Plug-In

Posted by Cyrill Rüttimann <ru...@mac.com>.
Hello,

I found the problem:

<http://www.nabble.com/Re:-RE-:-m2.0.1-trouble-with-mojo-report-with-
maven-reporting-impl-with-version-2.0.1-p1924827.html>

There is a problem with version 2.0.1 of the reporting-impl.

I reverted the reporting dependency to version 2.0. It works now.

<dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.maven.reporting</groupId>
             <artifactId>maven-reporting-impl</artifactId>
             <version>2.0</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.maven.reporting</groupId>
             <artifactId>maven-reporting-api</artifactId>
             <version>2.0</version>
         </dependency>

Regards,

Cyrill