Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/06/11 21:43:33 UTC

Fw: failure notice

Hi everyone,

I just committed the Java source code that was in JIRA to
muse/trunk/modules - the SVN commit message is below, with an update on
the status of the Maven build (summary: looking good).

I'm sending this extra note because the email to the commit list didn't go
through - I forgot to subscribe to the commit mailing list, which caused
the generated commit message to bounce. Sorry!

I will finish making the POM files for the WS-* modules tonight. I will
then get to work on adding the sample projects and making sure they are
updated for each build. I also need to determine how/if we can put an
automated test system in SVN and have it run against the sample projects -
this would be similar to basic unit testing, but requires something like
Tomcat to be present to host the Muse-based application. I will explore
this in the next few days and send out some thoughts for next week's call
(any advice/hints before then would also be greatly appreciated).

Thanks,
Dan

Commit message:

Initial check-in of IBM-donated code for Muse 2.0 - with
support for Axis2.

Currently, the modules that are not implementations of the
WS-* specs - core, utils, WS-A/SOAP, etc. - have working
Maven 2.0 build files. Right now they simply compile and
write to the user's local $module/build directory. I have
not determined how to get Maven to skip this intermediary
copy and just put the jars in the user's local repository.

I currently use a script to build each module's POM file,
but as I learn more about Maven I will hopefully find a way
to aggregate POM files into one larger project. If not, I
will provide a simple Ant script.

I'm not sure where the design doc should go, and don't
want to mess with the web site yet, so please look at the
design-doc.zip that was uploaded to JIRA along with the
other IBM contributions until I determine the proper place.