Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Heddings <ja...@heddings.com> on 2000/12/12 22:57:45 UTC

2 Configuration Issues

Hello Folks-

I hope that I'm not asking a question that's been asked a bunch of times
before, but here goes:

Small background:
I'm trying to run tomcat along with apache.  I have apache v1.3.14 and
tomcat v3.2.  I'm using the jk module for the layer, not jserv.

On startup:
I get a BindException which says that the address is already in use.  I
assume that this is referring to port 8007 (my ajpv12 port).  I have
rebooted the machine to make sure that this does not happen.  I have a
shell script which first starts tomcat then apache.

On shutdown:
It appears that the port is never released.  When running the shutdown.sh
script, I get a NullPointerException and it ignores signal 15 (the kill
signal?).

Sorry for the lengthy email, but I wanted to give as much detail as
possible.  I'm not on this alias, so please reply to me directly...

Many thanks,
--Jason

Jason Heddings
jason@heddings.com
http://jason.heddings.com

Re: 2 Configuration Issues

Posted by Charles Forsythe <fo...@netvoice.net>.
CPC Livelink Admin wrote:
> TO find out what ports are being used and by whom, use 'netstat -a'. grep
> can also be useful for that command.

Also useful:

	/sbin/lsof -i

 -- Charles

RE: 2 Configuration Issues

Posted by CPC Livelink Admin <cp...@fitzpatrick.cc>.
The kill signal is 9, so 'kill -9 <Your Java PID>' will kill tomcat.