Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by vishwambhar Upadhyay <re...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/17 19:35:26 UTC

In Apache Kafka, how can one achieve delay queue support (similar to what ActiveMQ has)?

Hi Kafka Users Community,
In Apache Kafka, how can one achieve delay queue support (similar to what ActiveMQ has)? Has anyone solved similar problem before?
Thanks in advance?

Regards,Vish

Re: In Apache Kafka, how can one achieve delay queue support (similar to what ActiveMQ has)?

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Vish,

I am assuming by "delay queue support" you mean sth. like:

http://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html

Kafka uses a client-pull based consumption model, i.e. the consumers will
determine when to fetch the next message after it has, for example, waited
for some time or finished processing the previous one.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang