Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org> on 2015/10/23 11:59:43 UTC

From 0.10 to 1.0

Dear Flink community,

We have forked the current release candidate from the master to the
release-0.10-rc0 branch. Changes for the next release candidate should
be pushed to the release-0.10 branch. The master needed to be updated
to deploy only one snapshot version to the Maven repository and to
continue development for the next release.

Some of us have suggested to go to 1.0 after the 0.10. That's why I
updated the version to 1.0-SNAPSHOT in the master. Only after I
committed, I realized not everyone might agree with that. I wanted to
emphasize that this is just my personal opinion. We may change the
version again if we agree on a different version.

Let me know how you feel about 1.0 as the next targeted release.
Personally, I think it's great for Flink and we can really push for a
great 1.0 release after 0.10 is out.

Cheers,
Max

Re: From 0.10 to 1.0