Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2011/09/02 10:51:38 UTC

[ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.21 released

The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
Tomcat 7.0.21

Apache Tomcat 7.0.21 includes security fixes, bug fixes and new features
compared to version 7.0.20 including:
- A fix for CVE-2011-3190 that allowed an attacker to inject requests
when Tomcat was configured behind a reverse proxy using the AJP protocol.
- Multiple additions and improvements to the memory leak
detection/prevention features.
- Improved validation of received AJP messages.

Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Note that this version has 4 zip binaries: a generic one and three
bundled with Tomcat native binaries for Windows operating systems
running on different CPU architectures.

Downloads:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

Migration guide from Apache Tomcat 5.5.x and 6.0.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

Thank you,

-- The Apache Tomcat Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.21 released

Posted by ma...@apache.org.
Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>2011/9/2 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>> The Apache Tomcat team announces the immediate availability of Apache
>> Tomcat 7.0.21
>>
>> Apache Tomcat 7.0.21 includes security fixes, bug fixes and new
>features
>> compared to version 7.0.20 including:
>> - A fix for CVE-2011-3190 that allowed an attacker to inject requests
>> when Tomcat was configured behind a reverse proxy using the AJP
>protocol.
>> - Multiple additions and improvements to the memory leak
>> detection/prevention features.
>> - Improved validation of received AJP messages.
>>
>> Please refer to the change log for the complete list of changes:
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html
>>
>>(...)
>
>I uploaded 7.0.21 docs and added version number in Bugzilla.
>The docs should be online in an hour, as usual.
>
>Have a nice day!
>
>Best regards,
>Konstantin Kolinko

Thanks for doing that.