Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/08 22:50:12 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.6 Released

Hi All,

The Apache Nutch PMC are extremely pleased to announce the release of
Apache Nutch v1.6. This release includes over 20 bug fixes, the same
in improvements, as well as new functionalities including a new
HostNormalizer, the ability to dynamically set fetchInterval by
MIME-type and functional enhancements to the Indexer API inluding the
normalization of URL's and the deletion of robots noIndex documents.
Other notable improvements include the upgrade of key dependencies to
Tika 1.2 and Automaton 1.11-8.

A full PMC statement can be found here [0]

The release can be found on official Apache mirrors [1] as well as
sources in Maven Central [2]

Thank you

Lewis
On Behalf of the Nutch PMC

[0] http://s.apache.org/NFp
[1] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/nutch/
[2] http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.nutch|nutch|1.6|jar

--
Lewis

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.6 Released

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Thanks Lewis! :)

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Here here, excellent work!

Cheers,
Chris

From: Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:34 PM
To: "dev@nutch.apache.org<ma...@nutch.apache.org>" <de...@nutch.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.6 Released

Great stuff! Thanks Lewis

On 8 December 2012 21:50, Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>> wrote:
[...]

[http://digitalpebble.com/img/logo.gif]
Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.6 Released

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff! Thanks Lewis

--
*

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eyeris,

Yeah I'll fix this, thank you for pointing this out.

For reference the link is below.

Thank you

Lewis

http://www.apache.org/dist/nutch/1.6/CHANGES_1.6.txt

Posted by Eyeris Rodriguez Rueda <er...@uci.cu>.
Thanks for this news Lewis, i was checking but the link of list of changes is broken. Could you fix it?
Regards

Enviados: Sábado, 8 de Diciembre 2012 16:50:12
Asunto: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Nutch 1.6 Released

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci