Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ahmad Saif <ah...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/10 17:41:39 UTC

More than one IP on the same VM

Can I assign more than one IP on the same VM, using "basic-network", or
'Advanced-Networking' with shared-offer ?
I need my vm to have 2 IPs on the same NIC. I've tried this through the
GUI but I can't find any options for that.

Any one have a clue ?

--
Thanks

Ahmad Saif

RE: More than one IP on the same VM

Posted by Clayton Weise <cw...@iswest.net>.
There currently isn't a way to do this.  The IP addresses of all guests are assigned by the virtual router via DHCP.  As DHCP does not have a way of assigning multiple IP addresses to a single host, there is no way to do it within CloudStack.

There's already a bug filed about this:
http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-6184

My thought, which only works for advanced networking, was to allow a the user the ability to enter in a free-form IP address for NAT mappings in addition to the instance list.  That way you can simply statically assign multiple IP addresses to an instance and specify the IP address for the NAT mapping.  But it wouldn't help for basic networking.