Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2000/03/06 13:50:10 UTC

Re: Error

You has mismatched versions... 0.19.5 is compatible with Xerces 1.0.1.  We
should be releasing xalan_0_20_0, which is the 1.0.0 gold candidate, today,
so if I was you I would just wait for that.

-scott

                    Vance Grey
                    <vance.grey@x        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    tra.co.nz>           cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Error
                    03/05/00
                    09:29 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

I am just beginning to look at xalan and xerces. I have downloaded
xalan_0_19_5 and xerces-1_0_2. I have tried: java SimpleTransform and
java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN foo.xml -XSL foo.xsl -OUT
foo.out. In both cases I get a stack trace which says
NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/misc/LexicalHandler. I notice that in
the xerces.jar file there is a LexicalHandler class but it shows a path:
org/xml/sax/ext. Is this the problem? If not, have you any ideas about
it? Thanks, Vance Grey, Auckland, New Zealand and still the home of the
Americas Cup