Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lightbulb432 <ve...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/04 19:01:37 UTC

How to create eclipse project from parent-child POMs

At a particular source control location, how can I run the eclipse:eclipse
command to turn the file structure into a Java project with a its .classpath
file automatically configured?

The location to which I'm referring has the following folder structure.

root
->pom.xml*
->other folders
->project folder
---->pom.xml*
---->other files and folders

So I check out the root folder from source control, then run the maven
command on the outer pom.xml (which has all the real definitions - the inner
pom.xml only refers to the parent pom.xml and adds a few other things to
it).

The folder above labelled "project folder" is the only one that is an actual
Java project that I want to see in my eclipse workspace. But when I run the
eclipse:eclipse command, it doesn't do anything - after all, I have checked
out all of "root", so it won't be able to take a subfolder of that and
convert it into its own top-level Java project.

What is the correct way of handling this parent-child pom.xml relationship?

Re: How to create eclipse project from parent-child POMs

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@planet.nl>.
You can run the eclipse:eclipse commando inside the "project folder" or
make sure that the "project folder" is a submodule of the root by added

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk