Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Vassil Dichev <vd...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/17 14:39:42 UTC

Using Lift for social messaging apps: ESME preso at Scala eXchange 2011

Hello everyone,

I have given a talk at the Scala eXchange 2011 this week where I have
made a modest attempt to describe using Lift in the open-source Apache
ESME project as an example of an interactive and secure social
messaging application. In 45 minutes I've tried to provide a whirlwind
tour of the Lift features and modules which were most important in
relation to ESME:

http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/scala/talk-by-vassil-dichev

I am aware that I've missed a lot of important things which could be
said about both ESME and Lift, but I hope you enjoy this talk and find
it interesting. If you have any comments and feedback you want to
share, I would be happy to hear it.

I'd like to thank David Pollak for the things I've learned from him,
for sharing his vision, insight and direction (not to mention a
significant portion of the code) during most of ESME's lifetime, and
for introducing me to Alan Hardy (Programme Lead of the Scala
eXchange).

Have an uplifting weekend!
Vassil

--