Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/01/13 18:37:14 UTC

Using the incubator space to release new languages

OpenOffice 3.4.1, released in 20 languages when it was still undergoing
incubation in 2012, will be released in 8 more languages later this month.

We will keep the version number at 3.4.1 and release a patch to the
current 3.4.1 sources that contains just the language support for the
new languages.

So we plan to use the "incubator" space again, and add new files to
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/

With version 4.0, scheduled for April 2013, we will clean up our
"incubator" files.

Note that this has no impact on end-user downloads, that are served from
the SourceForge network. But still, since this is probably unusual for
other projects, I preferred to send you this warning in advance.

Best regards,
   Andrea Pescetti - Apache OpenOffice PMC.