Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Constabaris <ad...@unc.edu> on 2005/12/20 17:32:26 UTC

Re: Apache Portable Runtime not found on the java.library.path : Take Two

William Claxton wrote:
> Running Java JDK 1.4.  After upgrading to Tomcat 5.5 I get this error.
> I have also installed the compatability upgrade for the Java Runtime.
>
> "The Apache Portable Runtime which allows optimal performance in
> production environments was not found on the java.library.path."

or, if you don't know from APR and all that business, you might also
just comment out the following Listener in server.xml:

<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" />

It's lots less work than compiling APR and the native tomcat connector
for it =)

AC