Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/10 02:09:35 UTC

what is in 'Similarity' component now

On my side I would be very happy to have my 'Similarity' component inside OpenNLP 1.6.0 so I dont have to worry about maintaining separate project.
Just as a reminder of what it is now:
machine learning of parse results to assess relevance:- between individual sentences- between paragraphs of text, using coreferences, rhetoric structures and speech act theories of discourse.
with application in:- search- content generation- code generation- speech recognition support- taxonomy building- web mining for content pipeline
These application domains have worked for ebay.com for 2+years now.
integrated with- graph algorithms of jgrapht, to find maximum common sub-parse trees- Bing search engine API to support web mining
RegardsBoris