Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/02 19:20:11 UTC

Nodetool ring

Hi,
I am trying to understand  "Owns" here.  AFAIK, it is range(part of
keyspace). Not able to understand why is it shown as 100%? Is it because of
effective ownership?

Address Rack        Status State   Load            Owns                Token
-3074457345618258503
x.x.x.x  3           Up     Normal  91.28 MB        100.00%
3074457345618258702
x.x.x.x  1           Up     Normal  83.45 MB        100.00%
-9223372036854775708
x.x.x.x  2           Up     Normal  90.11 MB        100.00%
-3074457345618258503

Any suggestions?

-Vivek

Re: Nodetool ring

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Owns is how much of the entire, cluster wide, data set the node has. In both your examples every node has a full copy of the data.

If you have 6 nodes and RF 3 they would have 50%.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand