Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by David Vick <dv...@HKMDirectMarket.com> on 2005/01/12 21:47:11 UTC

ServiceManagerClient classpath issues

Hi all:

I've got some issues and it driving me nuts trying to figure out why. I keep
getting a no class def found when I try to verify the client side
installation with the following:

C:\>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

The exception is:
org/apache/soap/server/ServiceManagerClient

Here is the rest of my information:

Windows XP version 2002 SP2

Environment variables:
Path
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_
01;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\apacheSoap\soap2_3_1\lib

JAVA_HOME
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_01

J2EE_HOME
C:\j2sdkee1.3

Locations of Jar files:
Soap 2.3.1
C:\apacheSoap\soap2_3_1\lib

Java
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_01\lib

J2EE
C:\j2sdkee1.3\lib

JavaBeans Activation Framework
C:\JAF\jaf-1.0.2

Tomcat
C:\Program Files\ApacheTomcat4.0

JavaMail
C:\Program Files\ApacheTomcat4.0\common\lib

Xerces.jar
C:\Program Files\ApacheTomcat4.0\common\lib

I've tried with all sorts of different combinations of PATH and CLASSPATH
variables but to no avail. I did a search and have no other soap.jar files
on the machine. The server side installation tests are fine. Tomcat is
running fine as well all of the other java development I do.

If anyone can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave

Re: ServiceManagerClient classpath issues

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You need something like

set CLASSPATH=.;C:\apacheSoap\soap2_3_1\lib\soap.jar

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.