Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by jac jac <fo...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2005/02/03 08:12:10 UTC

Has anyone tried indexing xml files: DigesterXMLHandler.java file before?

Hi,

I just tried to compile DigesterXMLHandler.java  from the LIA codes which I have gotten from the src directory.

I placed it into my own directory...

I could't seem to be able to compile DigesterXMLHandler.java:
It keeps prompting:

DigesterXMLHandler.java:9: package org.apache.commons.digester does not exist
import org.apache.commons.digester.Digester;
                                   ^
DigesterXMLHandler.java:19: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Digester
location: class lia.handlingtypes.xml.DigesterXMLHandler
  private Digester dig;
          ^
DigesterXMLHandler.java:25: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Digester
location: class lia.handlingtypes.xml.DigesterXMLHandler
    dig = new Digester();

I have set the classpath...

May I know how do we run the file in order to get my index folder?
so sorry, i really can't interpret the way to run it...
are there any documentation around...?

thanks very much!

 Yahoo! Mobile
- Download the latest ringtones, games, and more!

Re: Has anyone tried indexing xml files: DigesterXMLHandler.java file before?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
You're missing the Commons Digester JAR, which is in the lib directory
of the LIA download.  Check the build.xml file for the build details of
how the compile class path is set.  You'll likely need some other JAR's
at runtime too.

	Erik