Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mahesh Patil <ma...@boomer.co> on 2019/01/25 14:39:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Scalability: Single Server with Multiple SSL cert and keys

Hi all,
I have one server and it is serving multiple websites:
eg.
www.example1.com
www.example2.com and such thousands of website and domains.

Each website has its own SSL certificate.
I made entry for each private key (SSLCertificateKeyFile), Certificate
(SSLCertificateFile), and CA Certificate (SSLCACertificateFile) of the
above in VirtualHost for each webiste.
But as the number of websites are thousands, its slow and this is not
scalable.
Can any one suggest a scalable way to implement this scenario.
Thanks in advance
regards
Mahi

Re: [users@httpd] Scalability: Single Server with Multiple SSL cert and keys

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
You could add a load balancer/proxy that does SSL termination in front of
your web server (we use haproxy). If you are overloading your server, you
might just need to get another one.

- Y

Sent from a device with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.