Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by rvidela <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 02:35:03 UTC

Upgrading solr from 1.4 to latest version

Hi,

I am new to Solr. In little time, I am very much impressed with its search
performance. I have installed Solr on Ubuntu using "*apt-get install
solr-tomcat curl -y*" command. From admin page, I can see that solr version
is 1.4.1. But i see there is 3.x version already available. Just wondering
if there is any easy way to upgrade it to latest version.

Tried specifying version number in apt-get, But it does not work. Appreciate
your help.

Thanks
Ravi

Re: Upgrading solr from 1.4 to latest version

Posted by rvidela <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Edorado. I will try installing manually.

Re: Upgrading solr from 1.4 to latest version

Posted by Edoardo Tosca <e....@sourcesense.com>.
I think that at the moment there isn't any Ubuntu package available with
solr 3.x
My suggestion is to uninstall it (via apt-get) and "install" solr manually
in your /opt or wherever you want
After all what you have to do is easily extract the zipped archive.

Edo

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 1:35 AM, rvidela <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Solr. In little time, I am very much impressed with its search
> performance. I have installed Solr on Ubuntu using "*apt-get install
> solr-tomcat curl -y*" command. From admin page, I can see that solr version
> is 1.4.1. But i see there is 3.x version already available. Just wondering
> if there is any easy way to upgrade it to latest version.
>
> Tried specifying version number in apt-get, But it does not work.
> Appreciate
> your help.
>
> Thanks
> Ravi