Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Fabien Chung <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 14:50:47 UTC

Re: Region stuck in transition

Hello,

I'm  facing some troubles and I don't knwo how to figure out. The master
hbase crashed couple days ago. I restarted it, but until now, the -ROOT- region
is stucked in transition.
I tried to restart the service, delete it/ remove all the file in habse
folder. But the regions still is in transition.

Do you have an idea why ?

*Edit : I tried as well to create the service on another node, but the
result is still the same : region in transition for a while.*

Regards

--
Chung Fabien

EFREI Promo 2013
Tel : 06 48 03 54 92

Re: Region stuck in transition

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Fabien,

  How are you doing today?  Have you tried shutting down HBase and going to
the zkCli and deleting the znode for unassigned regions and then restarting
HBase.  It sounds to me like you may have a corrupt state.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Systems Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Region stuck in transition

Posted by Chung Fabien <ch...@gmail.com>.

>Ameya Kantikar <am...@...> writes:

> We have faced similar issue before (We are on 0.94.2), the way I resolved
> this is by doing this:
>
> in hbase shell,
>
> assign region_name

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunatly we didn't fint any solution, So we have erazed everythink and
rebuilt from scratch.

Regards

Re: Region stuck in transition

Posted by Ameya Kantikar <am...@groupon.com>.
We have faced similar issue before (We are on 0.94.2), the way I resolved
this is by doing this:

in hbase shell,

assign region_name

Hope this works for you.