Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/05 08:11:32 UTC

getting error: value toDF is not a member of Seq[columns]

Hi,

I have spark streaming that send data and I need to put that data into
MongoDB for test purposes. The easiest way is to create a DF from the
individual list of columns as below

I loop over individual rows in RDD and perform the following

    case class columns(KEY: String, TICKER: String, TIMEISSUED: String,
PRICE: Float)

         for(line <- pricesRDD.collect.toArray)
         {
            var key = line._2.split(',').view(0).toString
           var ticker =  line._2.split(',').view(1).toString
           var timeissued = line._2.split(',').view(2).toString
           var price = line._2.split(',').view(3).toFloat
           val priceToString = line._2.split(',').view(3)
           if (price > 90.0)
           {
             println ("price > 90.0, saving to MongoDB collection!")
            // Save prices to mongoDB collection
           * var df = Seq(columns(key, ticker, timeissued, price)).toDF*

but it fails with message

 value toDF is not a member of Seq[columns].

What would be the easiest way of resolving this please?

thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

Re: getting error: value toDF is not a member of Seq[columns]

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok somehow this worked!

             // Save prices to mongoDB collection
             val document = sparkContext.parallelize((1 to 1).
                            map(i =>
Document.parse(s"{key:'$key',ticker:'$ticker',timeissued:'$timeissued',price:$price,CURRENCY:'$CURRENCY',op_type:$op_type,op_time:'$op_time'}")))
             //
             // Writing document to Mongo collection
             //
             MongoSpark.save(document, writeConfig)

Note that all non numeric columns are enclosed with '$column'

I just created a dummy map with one single mapping (1 to 1)

These are the results in MongoDB document

{
    "_id" : ObjectId("5b915796d3c6071e82fdca2b"),
    "key" : "23c39917-08a9-4845-ba74-51997707d374",
    "ticker" : "IBM",
    "timeissued" : "2018-09-06T17:51:21",
    "price" : 207.23,
    "CURRENCY" : "GBP",
    "op_type" : NumberInt(1),
    "op_time" : "1536251798114"
}
{
    "_id" : ObjectId("5b915796d3c6071e82fdca2c"),
    "key" : "22f353f9-9b28-463c-9f1c-64213ded7cd5",
    "ticker" : "TSCO",
    "timeissued" : "2018-09-06T17:51:21",
    "price" : 179.52,
    "CURRENCY" : "GBP",
    "op_type" : NumberInt(1),
    "op_time" : "1536251798162"
}

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Dr Mich Talebzadeh

> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

> such loss, damage or destruction.
>

> I can rebuild the comma separated list as follows:
>

>    case class columns(KEY: String, TICKER: String, TIMEISSUED: String,
> PRICE: Float)
>     val sqlContext= new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sparkContext)
>     import sqlContext.implicits._
>

>          for(line <- pricesRDD.collect.toArray)
>          {
>            var key = line._2.split(',').view(0).toString
>            var ticker =  line._2.split(',').view(1).toString
>            var timeissued = line._2.split(',').view(2).toString
>            var price = line._2.split(',').view(3).toFloat
>            var allInOne = key+","+ticker+","+timeissued+","+price
>            println(allInOne)
>
> and the print shows the columns separated by ","
>

> 34e07d9f-829a-446a-93ab-8b93aa8eda41,SAP,2018-09-05T23:22:34,56.89
>
> So I just need to convert that line of rowinto a DataFrame
>
> I try this conversion to DF to write to MongoDB document with MongoSpark.save(df,
> writeConfig)
>
> var df = sparkContext.parallelize(Seq(columns(key, ticker, timeissued,
> price))).toDF
>
> [error]
> /data6/hduser/scala/md_streaming_mongoDB/src/main/scala/myPackage/md_streaming_mongoDB.scala:235:
> value toDF is not a member of org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[columns]
> [error]             var df = sparkContext.parallelize(Seq(columns(key,
> ticker, timeissued, price))).toDF
> [
>

> frustrating!
>
>  has anyone come across this?
>
> thanks
>
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 at 13:30, Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> yep already tried it and it did not work.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Dr Mich Talebzadeh
>>

>> LinkedIn * https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>

>> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com