Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by ka...@nokia.com on 2010/08/10 14:05:02 UTC

Project status and name

Folks,

Lucene Connectors Framework is currently an incubating subproject of Lucene.  The PMC has indicated that it's not thrilled with the idea of LCF being a subproject, and that its status should change at some point in the future.  Note that this status change would be theoretically independent of the project name, but potentially we'd consider changing the project name at that time as well.

There's beginning to be a considerable amount of content floating around that talks about LCF.  If there is a possibility of a name change for this project, I'd like to open the discussion as to whether we should change the name, and if so, what to.

FWIW, the only other possibility I've heard mentioned so far is "Apache Connectors Framework".

Thoughts?

Karl

RE: Project status and name

Posted by ka...@nokia.com.