Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/01 23:01:25 UTC

Problem with ear-plugin

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all of you.

I have the following problem: I have a project in which I produce some jars
and wars which get installed in the local repository. The in one of my
modules I want to package some of those jars and wars into an ear archive,
so I do this in my pom:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <modules>
                        <jarModule>
                            <groupId>org.my.test.jarModules</groupId>
                            <artifactId>jar-module</artifactId>

<includeInApplicationXml>true</includeInApplicationXml>
                        </jarModule>
                        <warModule>
                            <groupId>org.my.test.warModules</groupId>
                            <artifactId>war-module</artifactId>

<includeInApplicationXml>true</includeInApplicationXml>
                        </warModule>
                    </modules>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>

but when running the build I get the following error:

[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ear-plugin:2.2
Cause: Class 'org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EarModule' cannot be instantiated

After running mvn with the -e option I get this one:

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error configuring:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ear-plugin. Reason: Unable to parse the
created DOM for plugin configuration
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:563)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)

I read in the archive to try replacing the <jarModule> tag with
<javaModule>, but it didn't work - I still get the same exception. :-(

So, does anyone have an idea, what is going on here?

P.S. Do I need to include only modules that are submodules of the pom that
builds the ear, i.e. is it obligatory for them to be submodules of my
module, or they just have to be in the repository?

Thanks for any help.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.