Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Fitzpatrick <li...@webtent.net> on 2005/12/15 18:58:07 UTC

Re: Timing totals

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 19:01 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
> >>Note that "phase 2" reflects the time in seconds to scan 2000 messages using
> >>spamc. Mysql and SDBM are nearly 3 times faster at this.
> >>
> >>Since sql is well-tested, that might be a better way for you to go. SDBM has
> >>some issues.
> >

> > I have mysql on the server already, I guess I can change this in
> > local.cf, can lookup the instructions for changing over, any thoughts or
> > warnings?
>
> Search the wiki, the wiki is your friend. :)

My issue finally resolved last night down to duplicate .cf files in my
spamassassin config folder. I run RulesDuJour and it puts the files in a
sub folder, but there were duplicates in the config folder. Thing is,
why did this not cause an issue using SA 3.0?

Once I disabled dns and bayes, things worked, but still the dups were
processing. I removed the dups and whala! Once I got that done, it runs
fine with dns and bayes enabled. I even took amavis back up to
max_server of 10. But I will change to MySQL. Thanks for the help!

I read one of your other posts about antidrug being in 3.1 already, any
others. Also, I have some other recipes called 'Sober_German_Spam' and
'SOBER_P_SPAM' I pickup from the web in my local.cf, are these still
valid?

--
Robert