Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> on 2012/06/20 00:43:12 UTC

Re: No way to reply to all?

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08/05/2012, at 4:24 AM, Sheng Yang wrote:
>
>> I realized that even in our mailing list, all the mail go through one
>> domain(incubator.apache.org), and you’re unable to “replay to all”. I
>> think this would very likely result in lost tracking of a certain
>> thread – for a big mailing list, you cannot go through all the mails
>> all day, so depends on the mail delivery to your email address is
>> important(at least to me).
>>
>> Can we fix that?
>
> It's a trade off - this happens when reply-to is set to the list, but if it is not set it is common to forget to include the list on replies.
>
> I think that if you CC yourself on the original message, and others reply-to-all, you'll continue to be copied on messages.

Bring this issue back.

I think reply-to-all works perfectly in lkml and KVM and Xen
community. People won't lose track of the mail, and reply-to-all
should be a rule, and it just take a little time to familiar with(most
people won't made mistake after first time). Some people in the
community already complained about lacking of tracking of the subject.
And also it is more friendly to the people who didn't subscribe to the
mailing list.

I think adding CC to yourself is a little awkward compared to the
reply-to-all way. At least I think reply-to-all is used much more
frequently in the daily life.

--Sheng

RE: No way to reply to all?

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
+1
Sometimes I have to manually add people's name in address box in order to remind them of my reply