Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/25 23:11:53 UTC

Which configs to use

I see pmd-ruleset checkstyle.xml in both TRUNK/maven/src/main/resources and
in TRUNK/buildtools/src/main/resouces

Which one to use?

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
I believe you did that in the SGD patch right. I am looking at it.

Robin

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Drew just fixed it and told me the changes before he signed off. I am
running it now. Seems to be working. But tests are failing without
first running clover2:instrument.

Coming to another issue:
3 tests from the ga package are failing on hudson while running clover
because the test-input path is hardcoded like this

Path input = new Path("target/test-classes/wdbc");

when running under clover2 instrument mode the path becomes
Path input = new Path("target/clover/test-classes/wdbc");

Is there any way I can use the original path
utils/src/test/resources/wdbc from java.

Robin

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
I can do that, but need some pointer Branch
Optional sonar.branch property.

What is this value

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
we could also plug into sonar.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I suspected this was the case and had been running site:site
>
> I'm also a little confused about what goes in the plugin configuration in
> either build/plugins or build/pluginManagement vs what goes in the reports
> section of the pom.

In this you can sadly join a long line of confused people. This is a big
problem with Maven.

> Also, was wondering if the execution for checkstyle and pmd that binds to
> the validate phase was strictly necessary.

This is the crux. Do you want enforcement, reporting, or both? The validate
phase run is for enforcement: the build fails on a specified set of rules.
If you want no enforcement, you need no executions, and only reporting specs
-- but you are firmly in the clutches of all the problems of the site
plugin.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I suspected this was the case and had been running site:site

I'm also a little confused about what goes in the plugin configuration in
either build/plugins or build/pluginManagement vs what goes in the reports
section of the pom.

Also, was wondering if the execution for checkstyle and pmd that binds to
the validate phase was strictly necessary.

- Drew

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
try both now

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
Works fine for me

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.
See:

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
checkstyle, pmd, javadoc and clover are running, you will have to goto
the individual output folders to view them. site:site is crashing due
to some dependency problem, so I removed it from the job  pending
further investigation

Overall coverage view
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Mahout-Quality/ws/trunk/target/site/clover/index.html

Robin

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I don't mind removing it. It's there to detect substantial slow-downs
in common implementations.

Re: Which configs to use

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Which configs to use