Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/06/01 22:10:02 UTC

Gump build failures

Hi,
Looking at http://gump.covalent.net/log/jakarta-tomcat-5.html, I see
Gump failed to build because of admin webapp compilation errors that
appear related to the Struts version used.

What is our process for debugging this?  Are we responsible to ensure
the Gump builds succeed?  Who owns the "build.properties" file and
similar configuration files to building on Gump?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: Gump build failures

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Yup, it seems that the Struts team has changed things about a year ago so
that the admin doesn't work with it anymore.  For debugging this one, it is
probably enough to build Tomcat against a CVS co of struts.

In general, you can co gump to a machine with python installed and debug the
entire process.  However, I haven't had to do this for TC for a very long
time.  Mostly the changes to the TC descriptors have been pretty straight
forward (e.g. when beanutils split into two projects).