Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2006/10/17 02:07:41 UTC

Tags and Branches for SCM newbs

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that explains how to organize one's tags
and branches to establish a develop/test/release scheme? I'd like something
to bring to a client that's relatively new to an effective version control
system and I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone's already done
this. A short how-to that will actually be read and that management can
follow would be preferable to a thick tome on the subject.

This kinda looks good:

<http://www.ericsink.com/scm/scm_branches.html>

Is there an equivalent that has examples using Subversion?

Re: Tags and Branches for SCM newbs

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:52 AM -0400 Kevin Greiner
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try the svn book (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ - chapter 4) and Nagel's
> svn
> book (http://www.williamnagel.net/svn.php - look for pdf link along right
> side) is pretty good as well.

Thanks. I was aware of The Book but not Nagel's book. The PDF link on
Nagel's page isn't working at the moment.

Re: Tags and Branches for SCM newbs

Posted by Kevin Greiner <gr...@gmail.com>.