Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2007/07/14 17:07:33 UTC

javaee.jar-like jar in Geronimo distro?

Hi,

Whenever I create a enterprise project in an IDE I need a
javaee.jar-like jar that contains the entire Java EE APIs. Glassfish,
WAS, JBoss and possibly others have it. Why doesn't Geronimo provide
one? It's certainly needed by developers.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: javaee.jar-like jar in Geronimo distro?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jul 14, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I create a enterprise project in an IDE I need a
> javaee.jar-like jar that contains the entire Java EE APIs. Glassfish,
> WAS, JBoss and possibly others have it. Why doesn't Geronimo provide
> one? It's certainly needed by developers.

We certainly could and I think we did at one point.  IIRC there were
problems with maven2 constructing the aggregate jar, and deciding the
correct version would certainly be an adventure.  My thinking so far
has been that you might want to track exactly which specs you are
using, which is a bit difficult with an aggregated jar. e.g, how many
people really use connectors?

thanks
david jencks