Posted to user@metron.apache.org by sm...@libero.it on 2017/06/14 10:53:10 UTC

Hortonworks cybersecurity architecture and ML algorithms.

Dear all,

I'm interested about the use of Metron to test some ML algorithm. So the MaaS part.

About, MaaS I have just discovered that at the end Metron is just a part of Hortonworks cybersecurity solution.

Here the link: https://2xbbhjxc6wk3v21p62t8n4d4-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/7-Cybersecurity-Apache-Metron-Carolyn-Dube.pdf

In particular the third part of this architecture, i.e. Cyber Security Analytics Exchange, should include ML models. And now I understand why Metron is deployed without ML built in.

For my understanding would be use useful to read, if there are some example of ML algorithms applied to Metron. I mean more than the DGA algorithm already included.

Finally, I would also understand if these tools, i.e. Metron, are freely usable or they don't.

Best Regards,
Simone