Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manishbel <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/23 18:20:45 UTC

Database lock is not removed when broker is shutdown by calling shutdown mehtod on it.

Hello,

My broker is configured to use the JournaledJdbc which by default allows the
Master/Slave behavior, i have set the start flag to false so that the broker
is not started automatically by the context as i want to start the broker
asynchronously in its own thread so that the other slaves in the cluster
wouldnt stop the application from coming up.

when the application is shutdown i have a shutdown hook which fires off an
event on which i call the stop method on the broker.

i see even after calling the stop method the lock row in the database
remains and when i try to  start the application back up the broker cant
come up as the lock is already in the database.

I tried it in the standalone environment too but it doesn't remove the  lock
row from the database.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Please let me know if you have or if
you have any suggestions or if it was fixed in the later versions of the
ActiveMQ.

Thanks in Advance
Manish

Re: Database lock is not removed when broker is shutdown by calling shutdown mehtod on it.

Posted by manishbel <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, my bad, i figured that activemq is doing the select for update to lock
it and once the connection is gone the lock's gone too. in my case it was
hanging because there was another broker connected to it from some other
machine.

Manish.