Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yun Tang <my...@live.com> on 2020/10/27 03:18:29 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Disable "Squash and merge" button for Flink repository on GitHub

Hi all,

GitHub Community announced that they have resolved the problem of "squash and merge with noreply@github.com" [1].
However, I found this problem still existed if we click "squash and merge" button to merge other's PR.
I tested on my private Github repo and found if choose "rebase and merge", the information of author and committer both are right.
If choose "squash and merge", the information of author is right while the information of committer would change to noreply@github.com.

[1] https://github.community/t5/How-to-use-Git-and-GitHub/Authorship-of-merge-commits-made-by-Github-Apps-changed/td-p/48797/highlight/false/page/3

Best
Yun Tang